3.19.2008

You crazy for this one SXSW!

It was crazy. All day. Every day. Start drinking at noon and stop at 7 am. I have a steaming hole in my side where there was a liver and now there is a rusty Sparks can sticking out of it. We played a bunch of parties, saw a bunch of friends, watched Amanda Blank kill it at the IHEARTCOMIX / MAD DECENT party, Spankrock kill it at the Fader Fort, Santogold murderize it at the Fader thing too and sooooo much more. I'm tired and cleansing out my colon until Friday.

Day 1

A ridiculous flight to Cincinnati that was booked by Orvitz / Fourcolorzack. Home of Pase and cheese sticks that are fried bread crumbs without the cheese in the middle. You crazy for that one CIncinnati!




We were all pumped to chill in our palatial resort called La Quinta and drink beer all night while telling each other how awesome we are but.....




apparently Austin is pretty much the town that Footloose was based on, meaning: no beer sold after midnight. And yeah, those are carrots and water. Which is how I partied my first night in Austin, by eating CARROTS & WATER. You crazy for that one antiquated blue laws!









DAY 2

Jamie showed up at 11ish after which we went to register for our showcase get our badges, eat food etc. etc. etc.





FADER FORT




These pics just be what they be.








Professor Sam Hockley-Smith








The line at the Fader thing was nutso all day every day but especially so when N.E.R.D. played.





THE WORST FUCKING SUSHI ON EARTH! Served on a paper plate with a Texas flag on it and double the price of any piece of sea urchin I have had anywhere. You suck for that one Geisha Sushi right next to Emo's!






Day 2

We met up with our pal Rapid Ric to go to a BBQ inhaling contest but when we got to the lot Ric's ride was getting towed.




Due to some smooth talking the driver, who looked exactly like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, was "kind" enough to let it down.





This is easily the best BBQ I have ever had.







IHEARTCOMIX / MAD DECENT PARTY

Roof top pools, twister, rave music, Chris Devlin, and so much more! You crazy for this one abandoned parking garage!
















Wake up call for Ronnie Taco! We all filed in and took dumps in Ron's hotel room while he stuffed tissues in his nose and cried and cried.





This is a rare glimpse in to one of Ron & Zack's support group sessions for recovering turntable battle nerds. Topic of the day: Organ grinder.




Amanda Blank! I couldn't get close enough to get good pics but SHE KILLED IT!






PEDI CAB!



Afterhours at the Blender house about a million miles outside of Austin. Diplo, A Trak, Blaqstarr, plus a mixed gender push up competition!




Luckily we had a Greyhound bus waiting for us outside on the way back, only downside we had to drive it ourselves while this girl teenwolfed the roof.










Zack is always so happy.




IHOP was right by our hotel!



Smalltown Mike was there and....



his lady was squirting ketchup on his neck and wiping it off with a tortilla. HOT!



"Jamie don't wear topsiders. We're going to be walking around all day."



Day 4 (I dont know what happened to Day 3).




Santogold was so awesome at the Fader Party. I heard she had some technical probs the day before but she had it figured by this time for sure. Dancers were so ill like Do The Right Thing meets Public Enemy.




Some dude who was having his bachelor party was there too.




Fool's Gold DJs at the Fader Fort. A Trak played all southern shit, sparks was flowing, people dancing, sun shining!











ugggh.



Jamie was walking the streets Tijuana style and was really impressed with himself.















Mexican Prison Photos w/ Serg.






6 comments:

DJ Stef said...

Yes! Shot of Serg and Nada pre-bottle throwdown. Thank you!

Unknown said...

You just can't front on Rudy's. I have lived in Austin for over 10 years and I eat there religiously.

Good to kick it with you boys!

NickNack

SergDun said...

fucking nada can't even hold the beer in his mouth

Unknown said...

nothin' compares to rudy's TX, gotta indulge, gotta divulge.
don't even eat meat out here in the GREAT nw...yet never fail to indulge!
someday, when in south FL, you gotta try Rudy's Raw bar, west palm...the best bbq and chicken wings. salads, for the lady, served in conch shells galore.
+ must digress, iheartcomix is a rapist.

Prince Klassen said...

man all the stuff I missed... how am I so over at 25? I need a life change. Jeah

xman said...

Nice meeting you guys! Thanks for doing the Gigactate showcase.
Same time next year?